The general options tabs specify how videos are integrated into WordPress.
- You can import videos as posts, pages or any custom post type.
- Specify post status, author (post owner) and how video thumbnail is imported.
- Specify if you want to update a post if it was already imported.
- Import Youtube categories, and assign post to any existing category. Same thing goes for tags.
- Update if exist: if this option is activated, if the video data on Youtube has been updated, the changes are automatically synced to the post. Don’t activate this option unless you really want to force posts update.